Re: rif:text / owl:internationalizedString

Seems reasonable to me (toss of a coin that is).

I think that it is easy from a practical point of view -- I suggest
something like "least significant digit of NASDAQ at close of
business on 2008xxyy in range 0 to 4 means we use owl namespace;
otherwise we use rif namespace".

Ian

On 9 Jul 2008, at 19:01, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Jie Bao wrote:
>> Thanks, Ivan
>> My understanding is that you propose to vote among rif, owl or a new
>> namespaces.
>
> That is indeed my opinion (but there have been objections to my
> opinion since..)
>
>>             Who will "toss a coin" - the OWL people, the RIF people,
>> or both?
>
> In my opinion the coin should be tossed together, so to say (I am
> not sure how:-). More seriously: this is planned to be a 'joint'
> document, ie, such decision should be done together...
>
> Ivan
>

>> Jie
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 6:12 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>>> Thank Jie a lot.
>>>
>>> One option you put forward is to add _INTERNATIONALIZEDSTRING_ to
>>> the rdf
>>> namespace. While this indeed looks as the most natural fit, the
>>> way the RDF
>>> Semantics is formulated[1] is by explicitly listing the RDF
>>> vocabulary,
>>> including the only datatype that RDF introduces (namely
>>> rdf:XMLLiteral). Ie,
>>> from a very formal point of view, _adding_ a new term to that