Re: The challenge of serving *EVERYONE* (was RE: Mozilla blog: DRM and the Challenge of Serving Users)

Dictionary and legal definitions nothwithstanding, I think many people
consider copyright infringement to be morally similar to a kind of theft.
The rights owner certainly loses something of real value through the act of
infringement (a potential customer). The very fact of having ones rights
infringed is also a form of loss, even without a monetary component, since
one is deprived of the ability to exercise that right in respect of the
infringer.

But this is very much off-topic and / or within a realm that has been
either comprehensively answered or persistently ignored (depending on your
point of view, it seems) *ad nauseum* on this list. I doubt there is much
to be gained by further discussions.

...Mark