Re: Proposal: Internet Encrypted Media Extensions

I am fairly sure I don’t understand what you are proposing, alas.  Can you say more about what you’re proposing?  The Wiki talks about its advantages more than what it is.

The biggest clue I got was "by redirecting to a separate application”.  I don’t see how this is any advantage.  That application obeys DRM robustness requirements, just like something linked to EME.  The disadvantage is that it’s doing everything native — UI, the lot.

On Jan 26, 2014, at 18:32 , Fred Andrews <fredandw@live.com> wrote:

> An initial draft of a proposal to compete with the EME ABI and that is arguable better for the user, while still meeting the use case of users needing to view protect media content, and keeping DRM out of the web, has been published:
>
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Internet_Encrypted_Media_Extensions
>
> Feedback and suggestions welcomed.
>
> cheers
> Fred