From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>
Date:17/01/2014  5:20 PM  (GMT+10:30)
To: RĂ¼diger Sonderfeld <ruediger@c-plusplus.de>
Cc: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>,public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
Subject: Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this  community group

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM, RĂ¼diger Sonderfeld
<ruediger@c-plusplus.de> wrote:
> Which I think are likely because the EME proposal does not make any
> requirements on the CDMs license conditions.  E.g., Microsoft refusing to
> provide the Moonlight developers with a PlayReady CDM; or the price tag for a
> Microsoft PlayReady Porting Kit ($30,000 and additional $0,35 per activated
> application) alone would scare off developers of many smaller browsers;

A per-unit fee isn't just a "smaller browsers" issue. It's more likely
than *any* per-unit fee > $0 is prohibitive for *any* product whose
user-facing unit price is $0, which is the user-facing unit price of
downloadable browsers.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi