Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
>> Or even non-Windows operating systems. I'd be curious to see existence
>> proof of a PlayReady Final Product for OS X shipped by someone other
>> than Microsoft (i.e. Silverlight for Mac doesn't count).
>
> I don't know about OS X specifically, though I have no doubt that could be
> done, but such things certainly exist for many Linux-based platforms,

Tivoized "Linux-based platforms" aren't interesting for the purposes
of my question. Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian or other "desktop Linux"
systems would be.

> iOS, Android and other operating systems.

Are there PlayReady Final Products for iOS and Android that don't fall
into one of these categories:
 1) PlayReady object code is supplied by Microsoft as part of
Microsoft PlayReady Client SDK for Android or Microsoft PlayReady
Client SDK for iOS and then integrated into an app.
 2) A PlayReady component developed using the PlayReady Porting Kit is
included on an Android device by the device/SoC vendor and the app
uses that.
?

That is, are the Android apps that don't rely on a device-resident
PlayReady component and that roll their own PlayReady implementation
using PlayReady Porting Kit without Microsoft PlayReady Client SDK for
Android? If there are, do they work on any Android system (including
vanilla AOSP)?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi