Re: Requirements [Re: Watermarking]

Hello Mark,

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:58:31 -0800, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> (2) I think designing a new solution from those requirements in a public
> forum is very unlikely to be successful - for various reasons, not least IP
> - and I try not to invest effort in doomed projects

But shouldn't that exactly be the way the W3C works?  The W3C follows the Open
Stand principles: http://open-stand.org/principles/ (see
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/mission#openstand)  Which require Openess and
Transparency.  Something which I find lacking in the EME proposal because it
deliberately underspecifies the CDMs and thus makes it implicitly depend on
undocumented proprietary black boxes which are illegal to reimplement.

Regards,
Rüdiger