Requirements [Re: Watermarking]

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 09:18 AM, Mark Watson wrote:
> The requirements for EME are to provide an API to those existing
> solutions.
> There's no secret there.
>
> I'm confused about why you think I should provide requirements for a
> problem that I have not proposed we address,

Imagine that this were a normal software development project.  You have
two groups of users, one who is adamant that a particular feature be
added, the other that it is not.  Upon examination, you discover that
there is just one single point upon which neither will budge.

Wouldn't you try to back up a step, and determine what the actual
requirements were that were driving those parties to demand mutually
incompatible features?

Put another way: 'EME support' is not a requirement, it is an
*implementation* that satisfies a requirement.  Given that there is an
issue upon which we cannot agree, should we not repair to the actual
requirements that lead to EME in the first place?  Perhaps by
understanding those in detail we can reach a solution that is mutually
acceptable.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420817082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype:

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.