Re: Watermarking [Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group]

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2014, at 5:32 PM, Duncan Bayne <dhgbayne@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> I understand that's what you're trying to do, but that's different from
>> what EME is trying to do. Instead our proposal is limited to
>> standardizing the API to the components (CDMs) that implement solutions to the studio
>> requirements.
>
> I understand that.  What I'm saying is that EME is simply not an
> acceptable addition to the Open Web, for reasons that have been
> explained in detail, and with some repetition, on this list already.

Ok, but also I and others have explained with a similar level of
repetition and detail why we think it appropriate and valuable for W3C
to work on this.

> What I'm hoping is that there might be an alternative to EME that would
> satisfy all parties.

It would be great if you could find one. What I am missing is what
help you realistically expect in that task ? Certainly, if I was aware
of such an alternative I would have no hesitation in proposing it or
helping to develop it, but I am not.

...Mark