Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group

Fred, please stop clutching at straws.  No-one can stifle anything by inaction.  (Chairs might be permitting stifling by someone else, through their inaction, but that’s not happening here either.)

In many groups, you would have been asked to stop saying the same thing repeatedly, and if you failed, you would have been asked to leave.  Far from being stifled, your endless repetition of the same “I don’t like it” message has been treated with astonishing tolerance by the chair and others.

One of the easiest ways Community groups get closed is when they cease to have an active conversation.  If you really want it closed, try not sending email and hope that others do the same.

On Jan 8, 2014, at 20:39 , Fred Andrews <fredandw@live.com> wrote:

> It seems more constructive to run a no-fault campaign for a change of Chairs.  I have a lot of respect for the work Wendy has done.  However, Wendy could have already avoided a negative campaign by spilled the position of chair and launched her own campaign for re-election based on her opinions and the direction she wants to take this group. If Wendy is prepared to bring this community group to a vote to close it down and to vote on the closing statement then we might be able to proceed with her as chair otherwise her inaction will be taken as an example that she is 'using her position as chair to stifle alternative views'.
>
> cheers
> Fred
>
> > From: singer@apple.com
> > Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 09:24:04 -0800
> > CC: public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
> > To: fredandw@live.com
> > Subject: Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group
> >
> > I see no reason to change chair; Wendy is doing a fine job of keeping the conversation civil and on subject. Whether you like her opinions is irrelevant, unless you can show she is using her position as chair to stifle alternative views.

Dave Singer
Multimedia and Software Standards, Apple

singer@apple.com