Re: The subject line is irrelevant these days

Helping the copyright holders to control the users isn't included in the
W3C goals. And that is exactly what EME is for. EME benefits a little part
of the society. All institutions (and the W3C) should pursue the wellbeing
of all the society, not just some people.

Helping the copyright holders to take draconian measures doesn't serve to
the general interest of the people, but just the particular interest of a
few that happen to be rich enough as to lobby the governments and the very
W3C.