Re: Trust

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2013, at 12:15 AM, cobaco <cobaco@freemen.be> wrote:

> On 2013-10-18 08:29 Mark Watson wrote:
>> How hard is it to understand the difference between discussing something
>> and approving something ?
>>
>> It is always a really a hard sell to ask that something not even be
>> discussed when some people want to discuss it, in almost any context.
>
> we're not asking it not to be discusessed, we're asking it not be discussed as
> a W3C standard

What else does W3C discuss ? Having something in scope is different from
publishing a standard. You can't decide on the latter until you have
the precise thing in front of you. My point is that it's hard to argue
against discussion on the grounds you don't like the possible eventual
standard, because you're claiming that you know enough about all
possible outcomes to make that decision a priori.

... Mark