Re: Dear EFF: Please don't pick the wrong fight

piranna wrote:

> how do you think DRM would fix this anyway? If I have the
> credentials of my friend, theorically I could be able to see the same
> content he has, so the only solution here is to apply per-user
> credentials and encryption, that's a more CPU demmanding problem that
> just add a custom watermark between some frames each some minutes on
> the stream...

It is different for streaming services, providers like Netflix can detect
the number of streams per account, and cap it.

I would assume there is no per-file change, the session is
encrypted/authenticated rather than the files. DRM has already 'fixed it'
to the satisfaction of the content providers (the ones that would need
convincing otherwise), it is the alternatives that need to make a case.

I hope an alternative can make a good case, and soon.

-Alastair