Re: Danger of DRM technologies stack

2013/11/22 David Singer <singer@apple.com>

> On Nov 22, 2013, at 14:16 , John Sullivan <johns@fsf.org> wrote:
>
> > Except it can and does happen, *in spite* of the subsidies against it.
> > We have a fully free operating system, even though it is competing on an
> > unlevel playing field against the many incentives governments give to
> > the proprietary software approach.
>
> I think the world would be much impoverished if we only had free creative
> content, or only had for-sale creative content.
>
> (The same is true in many creative fields.)

We keep a social contract with creators (rather with editors, actually)
just to have things to entertain or enlight us. I agree with it. But why
have it to be all of it encumbered with DRM? Just set a good price that
would make paying for the content more convenient than just sharing... and
people will pay. And we wouldn't be here discusing this matter.