Re: I strongly urge all supporters to reconsider the EME proposal. It is not in your best interests!

On 13-05-17 06:47 AM, Hugo Roy wrote:
> The other problem is that with DRM, you are prevented from doing
> things which can actually be entirely lawful under your
> jurisdiction. To impose DRM on users can be a way to claim more
> power than you are legally entitled to, and thus is morally wrong.
Ah, surely. In Canada, still, I am legally entitled to make a copy of
anything I have purchased as personal-use backup (I am not a lawyer and
don't recall the exact wording.) Any attempt to impose US law, for
example, on my use of copyrighted material in Canada is extralegal.

--
B. Ross Ashley
registered Linux user 548111