Re: FreedomHTML profile (was Re: I strongly urge...)

On 5/17/2013 9:12 AM, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> "piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Or in other words, do you believe this will be sometime implemented
>> outside of Safari, Internet Explorer and maybe Chrome? I'm totally
>> sure that EME or any DRM based technology will not be integrated on
>> Mozilla Firefox, and probably Chromium, too.
> As a first step towards supporting the efforts of browser developers
> and browser distributors to avoid providing their users with a
> "feature" of negative value, here's an initiative to develop a
> "profile", i.e. a precise specification of the nice and large subset of
> HTML5 which is acceptable from the perspective of people who value
> freedom:
>
> http://FreedomHTML.org
>
> Greetings,
> Norbert

Norbert, this is an interesting and useful concept.  Thanks for
contributing this idea.

I would note that although EME is being worked on within the HTML
Working Group, that EME is not part of HTML5.  So for those developing
this profile, they should be able to start with the full HTML5.