RE: "Premium content" (was: Re: “Content protection”)

Duncan Bayne wrote:

> This may seem like a minor issue, but: what does the term "premium
> content" mean in the context of this discussion?  It feels more like a
> marketing term than a useful description of anything.

Duncan,

I will leave it to Jeff to respond to your question with his definition, but in my previous email to this list I wrote:

"... we are not discussing "the (Christian) Bible" (which is not copyrighted), but rather the History Channels entertainment series "The Bible". http://www.history.com/shows/the-bible

 This is an important if not critical distinction. We are not talking about an "idea" here, but rather a digital creation that others have invested time, money and resources into and who now wish to capitalize on that investment legally."

In the context of this discussion, *I* define that work (here, History's "The Bible") as Premium Content.

JF