Re: Support for EME by which IT companies?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 12, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Duncan Bayne <dhgbayne@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> In a different thread, Jeff suggested that EME has support from a number
> of IT companies.  (By support, I mean holding the position that EME
> should become a W3C Recommendation, possibly following some revision or
> issues being addressed.)
>
> In the spirit of transparency, may we know which companies those are?

You could look at the list of companies that responded positively to
the Call For Consensus to publish the First Public Working Draft.

> I'm assuming that Netflix, Google and Microsoft all support EME,
> although it's interesting to note that, as far as I can tell by
> searching the archives, only Netflix has bothered to have a
> representative participate in the discussion on this list.  Makes one
> wonder just how genuine this 'consultation' is.

Actually, I am participating mainly because I find the discussion
interesting. Mostly these are my own opinions. I also hold out the
perhaps naive hope that we will identify some solutions to some of the
points of objection or at least ways to mitigate any negative effects.

This list was set up by the W3C staff to facilitate discussion of the
general principles around restricted media. I think it's mainly them
you're trying to influence, right?

...Mark