Re: Is EME usable regardless of the software/hardware I use ?

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 11:04 -0700, Mark Watson wrote:

> Because I can't trust a certain minority of users at all, and because
> I can't identify that minority, then yes, I will need all users to
> trust me or, more precisely, today, the plugin provider I choose or,
> with EME, their User Agent provider. The shift from "plugin provider
> of my choice" to "User Agent of the users choice" is a big shift
> enabled by EME.

But EME needs CDM to work, which will not be provided by the User Agent.

Nevertheless, as already mentioned, the trust towards the User Agent is
not given. It's gained by the ability to access and study the source
code. Once you take away, this with proprietary CDM, you take away
user's trust.