Re: What is the "open web" ?

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sure. And many think that individuals and businesses have a right to
> determine the terms under which they allow their creative works to be used,
> not least so that they can choose the terms they think best enable them to
> be compensated for that work (enabling new work to be created etc. etc.)
> >
> I'm a FOSS programer and I consider my work some kind of art (not
> kidding), and with that point of view, I'm more that rewarded if my code is
> used by others, in the same way a musician should be of others listen their
> music.

And you are free to choose the manner of your reward. If you wanted to be
paid, you should be free to choose that path.

> Of course, always that another is not getting some profit of my work
> (specially without my authorization), if that's the case, I want my
> percentage.

And you are free to attach that as a licensing condition to your work.

> That's why I think there should be more work towards unlicensed copies
> that about what are doing users at their home.

Please, propose something.

>  > There is tension between these things, that is obvious. The issue is a
> subject of widespread debate. The question before us is whether technical
> standards for the web should take sides in that debate, or whether web
> standards should be provided that support the different approaches
> currently widely practiced (on the web and elsewhere).
> >
> Intelligent argument. IMHO, standards should be at margin of debates, and
> if required to take part, being always on the final users side.
>
> But the whole debate is about a balance of public interests, that is,
users interests. The "final users" have an interest in both sides. So, to
"stay on the magins" here, standards should provide technical support for
all approaches, and then let people/users/markets decide.