Re: Netflix HTML5 player in IE 11 on Windows 8.1

On Mon, 2013-07-08 at 21:54 -0700, John Foliot wrote:
> cobaco wrote:
> >
> > You want to stop piracy?
> > You don't need DRM.
> > What you need is a site that allows us to:
> > - purchase a movie
>
> These movies have NEVER been for sale. You purchase a license to view, and
> sometimes you purchase raw materials used as a delivery mechanism: you own
> the DVD, but not the content on it. You don't like that deal? Don't purchase
> the dang DVD. If you still insist on purchasing the DVD? You've just defined
> high-value content.

That's why in some countries we have consumer rights laws. For instances
in many cases it's totally legal to copy the content of the legally
purchased dvd to a new disc. It's not legal to distribute it, but it's
legal to do as many copies as you like.