Re: aspect ratio as an attribute

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 16:37:48 +0100, Adam van den Hoven
<adam@littlefyr.com> wrote:

> I agree with two caveats. First, for better or worse this will break
> enough
> of the internet that I wouldn't be surprised if the browser guys balked
> at
> it.

"The browser guys" are participating in this very discussion. :-)

A new HTML attribute or CSS property typically does not break the Web. Can
you elaborate on what you think would break?

> Second, you would need to account for srcset; they may all likely have
> the same aspect ratio, they will not have the same dimensions.

After density-correction, they should all have the same dimensions (modulo
rounding errors, at least).

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software