Re: Creating Responsive Images (New Group)

From: Yoav Weiss <yoav@yoav.ws>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:59:25 +0100
To: Paul Deschamps <pdescham49@gmail.com>
Cc: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Simon B├Ąchler <b@chler.com>, "public-respimg@w3.org" <public-respimg@w3.org>
Yeah, both JPEG-XR and WebP support an alpha channel. I haven't used that
capability as part of my experiments, but I imagine that it can fit well,
maybe with some adjustments to the diff function. Otherwise, in terms of
quality, both JPEG-XR and WebP have a decent alpha channel and usually
compress photographic images with an alpha channel way better than PNG.