Re: What do we do with picture?

On 17.10.2013, at 18:45, Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net> wrote:
> Why is testing of an element require more tests than testing a set of attributes? Is that just due to a policy?
>
> In my experience amount of tests is correlated to number of features and their edge cases and AFAIK srcN and picture have similar feature set. In both cases you'll need to test different combination of sources, media queries, mutations, browser states, etc.
>
> On one hand you'll have bunch of DOM traversal tests, on the other bunch of parser edge cases. Overall seems to be the same league to me.

I wonder about this, too. Can't imagine that this only applies to the picture element and that the tests would be much easier for the attribute way.
I've written some tests for different elements (including img) and can't really think of a huge difference between the two solutions, as Kornel says.
If I'm completely wrong, please let me know. This would be an interesting point I'd really like to know about the whys.
Thanks!