Re: WebP, anyone using it?

On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM, François REMY wrote:
> By the way, I don't really grasp why the RespIMG spec should talk about
> image formats. This is very controversial and could create a lot of high N/S
> debates unrelated to the core issue (which is: responsive image).

The point is not to discuss particular formats. It is that, if as a developer, I have a smaller/faster/better image in some format, I should have some way of including it in the list of sources without needing to do browser detection.

Having said that, this falls in the "nice to have" category.

--
Marcos Caceres