Re: RDF Surfaces

Hi Henry (& All),

Long time no chat.  Thanks for the link, I knew I'd written
a smattering of initial thoughts about all this somewhere
on Mathstodon but lost track of where.  I don't know if
the work I've been doing will fit in here, but I'll make
what account I can make of it and we'll see.

Nice seeing everyone on the conference call.  It had to be mostly
a listening session on my part as I tend to be a bit too plodding
in my thought process to work well in those sorts of live media.

As I explained on Mathstodon, I began my study of Peirce — especially
his mathematical logic, theory of signs (semiotics), theory of inquiry
(logic of science), and logical graphs — from my earliest undergrad years
(late 60s).  I naturally turned each new programming language I learned to
work building theorem provers for his alpha graphs (propositional calculus).

The reason I'm telling you all this is to explain how I early on found myself
on a somewhat divergent path from a lot of the literature you'll read in any
one of several mainstream approaches to Peirce.

Okay, enough, I'm thinking I'll start a separate thread to fill out the story.

Regards,

Jon
https://mathstodon.xyz/@Inquiry
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/