Re: require('jsonld') // jsonld.js

On 01/29/2014 10:15 PM, Dave Longley wrote:
> On 01/29/2014 09:22 AM, Matteo Collina wrote:
>>

>> 2014-01-29 ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org
>> <mailto:perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>>
>>
>>      Matteo Collina and I work on one of them LevelGraph-JSONLD, I don't
>>      know if anyone else maintaining packages listed above participates
>>      in this group. David and Dave also work on payswarm.
>>

>> You work there most than me :). I take credit of the original idea, but
>> you are taking it to its full potential.
>>

>>      If someone already uses or plans to use jsonld.js as dependency I
>>      would consider it a good time to jump in and participate in possible
>>      changes to this library.
>>
>>      Currently I think about proposing something like moving current
>>      functionality, which includes RDFa and HTTP Signatures to something
>>      like jsonld-tools (just making up name now) which would depend on
>>      much smaller jsonld.js (npm: jsonld) focused only on implementing
>>      logic in json-ld and json-ld-api specs (+framing). At this moment I
>>      also have impression that some payswarm specific requirements might
>>      have ended up in jsonld.js (/me speculating)
>>

>> An easier solution is to leave jsonld.js with the full functionality and
>> extract the 'core' to a jsonld-core library that does not include RDFa
>> and HTTP signatures. Worse naming, but no upgrade issues. It might
>> simplify the release of such an update.
>
> I think adding a "jsonld-core" library is messy and, in the end, will be
> confusing. So I'd rather see the extras moved out into their own lib.
> Once they are moved out, we can bump the npm version to indicate to
> dependencies that there have been backwards-incompatible changes.
awesome!

with current version 0.1.27 of jsonld.js people shouldn't expect that
much stability yet and in long run it can help avoiding confusions in a
future...

Alex what do you think about releasing green-turtle to NPM? we could
help with it if you welcome such offer :)
https://npmjs.org/search?q=rdfa

BTW I also met @bergie in Berlin in last weeks and we spoken shortly
about updating http://npm.im/vie IMOy green-turtle available through npm
would also come handy in that case!