Re: function to find concise bounded graph for SPARQL Updates for dealing with blank nodes

Quoting ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ (2014-01-24 13:48:06)
> On 01/24/2014 01:33 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> > On 1/24/14 6:46 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> >> interesting! personally i find blank nodes giving me often hard
> >> time...
> >
> > There's a simple way to understand blank node, it goes like this:
> >
> > RDF is a language [1] that enables encoding and decoding of
> > information gleaned from observation. It is very much like natural
> > language (conceptually) [2] but designed for the digital realm. A
> > blank node provides the same functionality that a pronoun [3]
> > delivers to natural language.
> Thank you Kingsley!
>
> I think I understand their purpose pretty well. Just find it hard to
> deal with them in practice.

If I understand Kingsley correct, very purpose is to depend on context.

Your example seems to try solve who/what is "[]" without providing
needed context.  That's not only hard, it is impossible - e.g. address
triple to remove is either home,work,both or none, depending on the
context you don't provide.

Regards,

 - Jonas