Re: "Make package.json be JSON-LD"

On 01/03/2014 04:45 PM, Matteo Collina wrote:

> 2014/1/2 Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
> <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>>
>

>     On 2 January 2014 02:27, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
>     <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org
>     <mailto:perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>> wrote:
>
>         Howdy!
>
>         Not sure how many of you have seen this issue in jsonld.js tracker:
>         https://github.com/__digitalbazaar/jsonld.js/__issues/39
>         <https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld.js/issues/39>
>
>         I would find it very cool if all the projects we work on could
>         publish package.json as JSON-LD. It would also give us
>         interesting use case to work together on :D
>

>     I'm not sure how easy that would be to translate correctly.  The
>     markup should be possible, but repositories such as github dont let
>     you set the json ld header.
>
>     Re package.json, does it allow arbitrary fields such as json ld does?
>

> package.json allows arbitrary fields in the main object, so we can add
> as many as we like it.
> I think under 'dependencies' is not really feasible, but that will be a
> blank node anyway.
>
> We might even decide to put a context somewhere and link it, stating it
> with a website.
> The main issue is how to identify people. Usually authors are stated
> like email, 'Matteo Collina <hello@matteocollina.com
> <mailto:hello@matteocollina.com>>'.
> What do you think?
from: https://npmjs.org/doc/json.html#people-fields-author-contributors
"The "author" is one person. "contributors" is an array of people. A
"person" is an object with a "name" field and optionally "url" and
"email", like this:

{ "name" : "Barney Rubble"
, "email" : "b@rubble.com"
, "url" : "http://barnyrubble.tumblr.com/"
}
Or you can shorten that all into a single string, and npm will parse it
for you:

"Barney Rubble <b@rubble.com> (http://barnyrubble.tumblr.com/)
Both email and url are optional either way.

npm also sets a top-level "maintainers" field with your npm user info."

we could alias "url": "@id" in "@context"