Re: Announce: java-rdfa 0.4

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:04:54 +0100
To: Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com>
Cc: public-rdfa <public-rdfa@w3.org>
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:24:12 +0100
Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com> wrote:

> Dear lord, we need Jeni's advice on this. Creole support in RDFa? [1]

I can't see it being adopted in RDFa Core. In RDFa 1.1 it's unlikely to
fit in the WG's remit - the charter specifies compatibility with 1.0
content (with one exception). And personally I can't see it getting
into a future version of RDFa Core either - pretty esoteric, though I
can see why it can be useful in ODF.

From a parsing perspective, it ought not to be too difficult - it's
just a fourth pathway for generating literals (the existing three being
XML literals, plain literals from the content attribute, and plain
literals from text nodes).

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>