Re: Does RDFa processing recurse into content:encoded?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> Stephane Corlosquet wrote:
>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> This is correct and was brought in a previous thread. In fact we've added
>> this content:encoded mapping knowingly. However, despite the fact this is
>> not part of the RDFa specs, some parsers could ignore this restriction and
>> try to parse the content of this rdf:XMLLiteral. I don't think there is any
>> problem with that? expect convincing RDFa parsers developers :D
>>
>> Alternatively, in order to be in line with the specs, some extra (hidden)
>> RDFa markup could be generated outside the body element which would reflect
>> the content of the body. So Richard's example would become:

>>   Hi, I'm <span property="foaf:name">Richard</span>!
>>
>> This would involve RDFa parsing the content which ARC2 can do.
>>
> Don't understand the ARC2 specificity. Isn't RDFa parsing a feature of RDFa
> supporting user agents?
>
> Please clarify what you mean. My assumption is that any RDFa aware user
> agent should be able to produce triples consistently from Drupal generated
> RDFa host/container resources.

What I meant here is that when the page is rendered on the server side, the
content of the body is parsed by ARC2 and the triples contained in the
XMLLiteral are appended to the HTML+RDFa document. This would allow RDFa
parsers which do not recursively process the XMLLiteral content to still get
the RDFa expressed in it. This is just an alternative to work around the
fact that RDFa parsers don't support this feature. Note that I just used
ARC2 as an RDFa parser example but this would work with any RDFa parser. To
convert back to RDFa, there are tools like [1].

Steph.

[1] http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/rdf2rdfa/