Re: My first RDFa Web example (products)

Hi David:

For properties, you can use multiple properties with the same literal
values in RDFa if they really mean the same, afaik.

For classes, you should be a bit more careful and use the same URI
(usually: hash URI) with multiple typeOf statements only if
you are really confident that the two classes mean the same. If in
doubt, rather check back with the authors of the respective ontologies.
For instance, gr:BusinessEntity will have several compatible classes in
other vocabularies, e.g. foaf:Person etc., while gr:ProductOrService and
its subclasses require that you look a bit more careful on what you are
describing. Also note that other vocabularies don't make the crucial
distinction between a product and and offer of a product.

As for the Google vocab: I have not looked into it in much detail,
because nobody except for Google is currently using it and it was said
to be a first quick design only anyway.

To be on the safe side, rather use a bit of additional mark-up and keep
the two sets of assertions separate.

The principle of using multiple vocabularies in combination with
GoodRelations is shown here

http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_and_Yahoo_SearchMonkey

Best
Martin

David Navarro Arnao wrote:

> Thanks Manu, Martin for your comments.
>

> Martin, I know GoodRelations vocabulary I think is better than
> Google's one. I will use it in next step.
>
> Are there information/examples in your links to work with both
> vocabularies at same time?.
>

> Best regards,
>
>    David Navarro.
>

> Martin Hepp (UniBW) escribió:
>> Dear David:
>>
>>  >Hi,
>>  >    I've published a little web with products (or services) in
>> RDFa. The
>>  >page is in spanish and it offers musical services for wedding or other
>>  >kind of music events.
>>  >    Products are described following Google instructions, and next
>> step
>>  >will be Yahoo complaint.
>>

>>  >    Any comment will be appreciate.
>>  >    David.
>>
>> I would suggest that you look at the GoodRelations vocabulary and
>> patterns at
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_and_Yahoo_SearchMonkey
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/Rdfa4google
>>
>> GoodRelations is much more powerful than the vocabulary you are
>> currently using. The mark-up will be a bit longer, but the details of
>> your offers will be much more visible for specific searches, and latest
>> generation recommender engines will honor your meta-data.
>>
>> See also
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations#Recipes_and_Examples
>>
>> for a growing list of recipes and examples
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations
>>
>> for the general developer's wiki.
>>
>> GoodRelations is supported by Yahoo SearchMonkey, BestBuy, Openlink
>> Software, Smart Information Systems, and many others.
>>
>> If you are using existing shop software like osCommerce, Oxid eSales, or
>> Joomla/Virtuemart, there are extensions available that automatically
>> create respective RDFa:
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations#Applications
>>
>> If you have feeds for Google Shopping, you can automatically convert
>> them using the Google Feeds Converter at:
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/google-product-feed-converter/
>>
>> An overview Webcast is at
>>
>> http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
>>

>> A recent talk on "Product Variety, Consumer Preferences, and Web
>> Technology: Can the Web of Data Reduce Price Competition and Increase
>> Customer Satisfaction?" is available at
>>
>> http://tr.im/z7hQ
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations#Selected_Talks_and_Presentations
>>

>> Best wishes
>>
>> Martin Hepp
>>

>> [1]:  http://www.unregalomusical.com/sugerencias.html
>> [2]: (RDF validated)
> [...]

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:
http://tr.im/rAbN

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Talk at

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://tr.im/grcec09