Re: XHTML + RDFa + @role

On 9 Jul 2009, at 22:36, Laurens Holst wrote:

> The version attribute is deprecated in HTML4.01, never used, and no
> longer present in HTML5… I also see no language in the XHTML 1.1
> specification defining the content format of this attribute or
> requiring its use (although it does seem to be in the DTD, which I
> find strange as it wasn’t in XHTML 1.0’s), and I know of no
> implementations using such an attribute. So it seems a bit useless
> to add it. Let’s keep HTML free of versioning.

Wasn't my idea - the version attribute is already in XHTML+RDFa 1.0
(and setting it is a "SHOULD" in the conformance requirements). I've
stuck to much the same requirements, just changing the DTD and the
value for the version attribute.

As far as implementations that use it, my own semantic web tool
Swignition has a "strict mode" where it refuses to parse a document
as RDFa without the version requirement. So there's at least one
implementation that does use it.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>