Re: P3P in RDFa?

On Jan 29, 2009, at 4:17 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On 29/1/09 11:57, Steven Pemberton wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:56:52 +0100, Dan Brickley
>> <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
>>> This is wf XHTML but somehow the little bit of RDFa I've tried
>>> writing
>>> (from memory) there isn't parsing with raptor/librdfa. I don't have
>>> time to experiment today so thought I'd throw this out for
>>> consideration in its current form. Help very much welcomed.
>>
>> Looks like you got your xmlns: prefixes wrong (late night
>> hacking? :-) ):
>
> Pre-coffee hacking. But it goes to show how this Web thing will
> Never Work, I guess. Wishing for more helpful parser error messages
> someday - that would make all the difference. Maybe we should
> collect up a list of common screwups like these, and try to get them
> coded into popular parsers / validators. (Nice student project, if
> anyone is looking...?).

>> rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
>>
>>> I like the idea of having some easy XHTML templates that also
>>> count as
>>> P3P. Does it sound plausible to anyone else?
>>
>> Absolutely brilliant idea.
>
> Ta. I guess to be really plausible it will need wizard-based editor/
> authoring tools, but I'm sure such things existed at one point for
> P3P. In fact I know they do, I'm just not sure which is the best one
> to build off - can any P3P experts speak up here?

The most up-to-date open source P3P editor is the JRC workbench
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jrc-policy-api
I never found that it worked all that well and it is not being
maintained, as far as I know.

The IBM P3P policy editor is the most usable P3P editor. It is free
but it is not open source, is not being maintained either, and was
never updated to P3P 1.1
http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/p3peditor

There are some other wizards floating around out there... see
http://www.w3.org/P3P/implementations.html

Some day I'll get a student to finish implementing the P3P authoring
tool our group mocked up....

Lorrie