Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> The technical issue with using Level 1 setters isn't as bad in browsers
> as I had thought, but I disagree with your dismissal of the technical
> issue (see the XOM and browser-internal cases above).

I think we're getting a little closer, even if we're not going to agree
100%. I'll take a look at the other issues you mention, though I don't
think they're nearly as important, because I believe all of the APIs you
mention would likely need updating of a deeper kind for other HTML5
changes anyways.

I'm very receptive to the @prefix solution if it can close this gap
between our points of view. Would the entirety of DOM/API issues be
solved if we added @prefix support in both XHTML and HTML versions of
RDFa, and relegated xmlns:* only to XHTML1.0+RDFa?

-Ben