Re: Digg RDFa SIOC - Part 2 - Community and Forums

Manu Sporny wrote:
> If you take a look at the XHTML+RDFa and triples generated for this URL:
>
> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/demos/digg/stemcells.html
>
> You will notice two concepts that are marked up: Community and Forums
>
> The community is, of course, the Digg community. Marked up like so:
>
> <h1 about="http://digg.com/" typeof="sioc:Community"><a
> href="http://digg.com/" property="dcterms:title sioc:name">Digg</a></h1>
>
> This will produce the following triples:
>
> <http://digg.com/>
>    rdf:type
>       sioc:Community .
> <http://digg.com/>
>    dcterms:title
>       "Digg" .
> <http://digg.com/>
>    sioc:name
>       "Digg" .
>
> Each category of Digg is marked up as an sioc:Forum. The following
> example marks up the top-level "Technology" category as a forum:
>
> <li class="h-drop"><a typeof="sioc:Forum"
>     href="http://digg.com/news/technology">
>    <strong property="dcterms:title">Technology</strong>
>
> and then marks up each individual sub-category as a forum with the
> Technology category as the parent:
>
> <ul about="/news/technology" rel="sioc:parent_of"
>     class="submenu-drop catdropm" id="catdropm1001"
>     style="display: none;">
>    <li>
>       <a typeof="sioc:Forum" href="http://digg.com/news/apple">
>       </a>
>    </li>
>
> the above results in the following triples:
>
> <http://digg.com/news/technology>
>    rdf:type
>       sioc:Forum .
> <http://digg.com/news/technology>
>    dcterms:title
>       "Technology" .
> <http://digg.com/news/apple>
>    rdf:type
>       sioc:Forum .
> <http://digg.com/news/apple>
>    dcterms:title
>       "Apple" .
> <http://digg.com/news/technology>
>    sioc:parent_of
>       <http://digg.com/news/apple> .
>
> This markup not only identifies the community and the forums in Digg,
> but the relationship of the various forums to each other. You could also
> mark up RSS feeds via sioc:feed. The one thing I didn't do is relate the
> forums back to the Digg community, which would be important to do in
> production code.
>
> -- manu

Manu,

Here is example of how we RDFize Digg:
http://tinyurl.com/3jtysp

The current RDFizer Cartridge somehow omits the sioc:Space nature of
digg.com and the various sioc:Forums (which you pick up nicely above).
I'll have our omissions fixed so that we have a complete RDF based graph
of Digg which should ultimately aid RDFa renditions of the original
(X)HTML resources from Digg.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen