Re: Summary: Green Turtle Status - RDFa Test Suite

On May 22, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:

> I'd love to submit an EARL with a 100% on all tests for all variants of XML, XHTML1, HTML4, XHTML5, and HTML5 but these 3 remaining tests cause me problems as I've detailed in previous e-mails.  I believe these are issues surrounding the test cases.

Sorry Alex, I ment to get back to you today on these issues; I'll look into them more tomorrow.

Note that we're really just looking for HTML5 reports, but it's good to have them all.

> In summary:
>
> Test 0109 / XHTML1
>
> This cannot be enforced in XHTML1 as xml:base processing will have already happened during most, if not all, modern XML processing.  Test 0109 isn't listed in the tests for XHTML5 and I don't believe it should be required for XHTML1.

For some reason, xml:base is _not_ used in XHTML1, but we did add it to XHTML5. If you're saying that the XHTML1 DOM model prevents this from being ignored, that's an interesting data point. Perhaps someone else has more perspective on why it must be ignored in XHTML1, and if tha is normative, or just the interpretation of a test; I don't think we can change any tests other than for HTML5 related specs at this point.

> Test 0256 / HTML4 and HTML5
>
> The xml:lang attribute is not recognized in HTML syntax documents and so the test will never succeed without violating the HTML5 specification.  The xml:lang attribute is not mentioned in HTML4 [1].  This test should be removed for anything in HTML syntax.

Note that there isn't an HTML5+RDFa spec, it's just been treated like HTML5+RDFa for most purposes, we could even just take it out of the test suite, but it is the only version of HTML that is a REC right now for which RDFa has any definition.

I wonder if something changes here, as I recall that @xml:lang as a non-namespaces attribute was to be treated like @lang; perhaps this is the peril of working against a living spec.

> Test 0303 / HTML4
>
> The HTML document for this test has a version attribute with the value "XHTML+RDFa 1.1" that forces XHTML+RDFa 1.1 processing.  This feels like a simple error.  If you remove the version attribute, my processor passes the test.

Sounds like a test suite bug them
N, which I'll look at further tomorrow.

> The manifests I'm using for these tests are:
>
> XHTML1: http://rdfa.info/test-suite/rdfa1.1/xhtml1/manifest.ttl
> HTML5: http://rdfa.info/test-suite/rdfa1.1/html5/manifest.ttl
> HTML4: http://rdfa.info/test-suite/rdfa1.1/html4/manifest.ttl

What about XHTM5+RDFa? Do you intend to test that too?

Gregg