Re: Clarify datetime rule in 3.1 Additional RDFa Processing Rules

On 03/10/2013 05:17 PM, Niklas Lindström wrote:
> [[[ * In Section 7.5: Sequence, processing step 11, the HTML5
> @datetime attribute must be utilized when generating the current
> property value, unless @content is also present on the same element.
> Otherwise, if @datetime is present, the current property value must
> be generated as follows. The literal value is the value contained in
> the @datetime attribute. If @datatype is present, it is to be used
> as per usual. Otherwise, if the value of @datetime lexically matches
> a valid xsd:date, xsd:time, xsd:dateTime, xsd:duration, xsd:gYear, or
>  xsd:gYearMonth, a typed literal must be generated, with its datatype
>  being the matching xsd datatype. Otherwise, a plain literal must be
>  generated, taking into account any current language available. ]]]

I applied this change, with some minor editorial improvements. It's
still pretty confusing and Hixie suggested some standard HTML5 spec text
that we might want to use (in addition to the text above):

http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20130312#l-99

In any case, the change would be editorial and we have some time to make
the change... although, we'd need to do it in the next week or two.

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Aaron Swartz, PaySwarm, and Academic Journals
http://manu.sporny.org/2013/payswarm-journals/