Re: Adding QUDT to RDFa Initial Context

Alex,

the mechanism that lead to the first set has been described in

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/profile/data/

the executive summary is that there should be a proof that the given (non W3C rec defined) vocabulary is indeed widely used on the Web; we should _not_ be in position to make some sort of a qualitative judgement on the vocabularies in order to get them on the list.

If we stick to this principle then I would say qudt may be a good candidate in a few years if it really catches attention (and I am perfectly happy to say it has good chances) but not at this moment...

All that being said, we may have to think about re-running those (or similar) searches to see if anything significant has changed (or rely on some other services like LOV).

Thx

Ivan

On Aug 29, 2013, at 03:00 , Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:

> I have no idea what the procedures are for adding things to the initial context [1] but I'm going to throw this one into the mix.  I would like to see prefixes for the QUDT vocabulary [2] added.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdfa-context/rdfa-1.1
> [2] http://www.qudt.org/
>
> --
> --Alex Milowski
> "The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of the
> inflexions, i.e. to the degree of analysis effected by the language
> considered."
>
> Bertrand Russell in a footnote of Principles of Mathematics

----
Ivan Herman, W3C