Re: Suggestions for Errata RDFa Core 1.1

The Wikipedia entry for "Entailment" redirects to "Logical Consequence" [1], which corresponds to my understanding of the term. The German entry for this is Implikation [2], or "Implication" in English. This might be a good term to use. I've CC'd Richard Cyganiak, who is the editor of RDF Concepts, which defines Entailment [3]. I also believe that Richard is a native German speaker, he might be able to help.

Gregg Kellogg

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entailment
[2] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implikation
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#entailment

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 15, 2013, at 1:52 AM, "Stefan Schumacher" <stefan@duckflight.de> wrote:

> [...]
>>> 1. The IRI where the RDFa Processor is located? Or
>>> 2. the IRI that the Processor should look up and process?
>>> I wouldn't call the second IRI 'RDFa Processor IRI' it is more an 'RDFa
>>> document IRI'.
>>> I would say, an RDF processor is reachable under an 'RDFa Processor IRI'.
>>> For my translation, it would be nice if I get a response to this issue.
>
>> It is the IRI for an RDFa Processor - in other words, the address someone
>> would use to query the processor via the web and extract triples from an
>> RDFa document.
>

>>> 8.3
>>> A literal object can be set by using @property to express a predicate, and
>>> then using either @content, or the inline text of the element that
>>> @property is on.
>>> A literal object can be set by @content or the inline text of the element,
>>> if @property is used to express a predicate.
>>> 'Using @content' is not precise, say what @content and the inline text do:
>>> they provide the literal.
>> Made a change that helps.   Some.
>

>>> 8.3, last paragraph
>>> Alternatively, the @property can also be used to define an IRI resource,
>>> in the presence of an @href, @resource, or @src and in the absence ... .
>>> Alternatively, @property can be used to define an IRI resource; this
>>> requires the presence of ... and requires the absence of ... .
>>> This would give the sentence a sharper edge.
>> Fixed.
>

>>> Skip 'the' before property, otherwise write it in full 'the attribute'.
>>> Skip 'also', alternatively says that already.
>>> Another idea would be to repeat, that @resource, @href, or @src are
>>> resource attributes (to burn it into the readers mind):
>>> ... in the presence of one the resource attributes @resource, @href, or
>>> @src ... ; and keep this order like it is in section 5.1 for
>>> into-brain-burning.
>> Fixed some.
>

>>> 8.4, before second example
>>> RDF has a set of predefined predicates that have an agreed-upon semantics
>>> of order.
>>> ... that follow (a) defined/given semantic(s?) of order.
>>> 1. an ... semantics, either a semantic or just semantics, where I think
>>> singular is fine.
>>> 2. agreed-upon, after you agreed upon that, you might have defined it, so
>>> it is given now? Make it easy to translate, please. :-)
>>> 3. Do you really say semantics of order?
>
>> I don't care touch this - anyone else have an opinion?
>

>>> 9, last note
>>> entire note
>>> ul
>>> a nice list would make it better readable
>> Fixed.
> Looks nice. There is the word 'Literal' in the last list item, it
> might like a small letter? All the other literals have small letters.
> Except:
> Serching the doc for literal I found in the table of contents:
> 8.3.1.2 Typed literals. Here it should be capital, because in the TOC

>>> 1. RDFa-Vokabular-Entailment considers only the entailment on individuals