Comment on ISSUE-126 (was Re: Telecon Agenda - May 3rd 2012, 1500 UTC)

I just do not want to forget this, related to to ISSUE-126:

RDFa Core says, on error:

"An rdfa:Error must be generated when the document fails to be fully processed as a result of non-conformant Host Language markup."

What this suggests is that, if an xmlns is seen and is reported as an error, then the RDFa processing would have to stop. Apart from the fact that this is a problem with older content that is served as text/html (ie, would be interpreted as HTML5), it also contradicts the general philosophy of HTML5 that tries to reasonably interpret any HTML5 content out there. Therefore I do not think we should report an error for @xmlns.

However, I think it would perfectly o.k., nay, would be good, if we prescribed in HTML5 that a warning should be generated in those cases.

Just my 2 cents... See you later