Re: Adding fb: prefix to default context

On 12-08-24 12:48 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> I've seen data in the wild that uses the fb: prefix, but doesn't define it. fb: is used as part of the FaceBook API, along with ogp:.
>
> For example, see [1]:
>
> [[[
> ]]]
>
> This is defined on the developers site: [2].
>
> On the down side, two-character prefixes could be considered valuable, but who else but FaceBook would be likely to use "fb" (FreeBase?).
Currently FreeBase, FreshBooks, FeedBurner/FeedBulletin, ...
And anyone in the world who comes up with a F*B* in a future product.

It should probably be mentioned but OpenGraph actually doesn't use RDFa
properly anyways. URLs don't use <link>. And document order is used for
some things like og:image:{secure_url,type,width,height}.
So it's really "syntax based on RDFa" rather than actually being RDFa.