Re: Draft updated

Shane,

Bravo:-)

Some comments below. I have also made some changed on Overview-src, see the list separately below.

===================
Comments/questions

1. There is a reference to the RDFA-PRIMER in the "How to read this document". Alas!, that primer is for RDFa 1.0 and is therefore grossly outdated. I am not sure what to do about it now, because we do not have a primer update:-( but I believe leaving this reference in the document may do more harm than good... I would propose to comment it out.

There is also a similar reference at the very beginning of section 2.

2. I have a feeling of deja vu, and I am sure we have this somewhere, but I ask nevertheless... The current CURIE definition (Section 6) defined CURIE-s:

curie ::= [[prefix]':'] reference

ie, a pure 'reference', without a colon, is allowed per syntax. Few lines down the line then it says

"the mapping to use when there is no prefix is not defined"

and then refers to TERM processing. Why do we have such a convoluted definition? Why don't we disallow a pure reference as a CURIE and have terms handled separately as they are? It is just way too complicated for my taste...

3. I wonder whether section 6.1 has any relevance now. This was probably important in previous versions of RDFa when xmlns was used and, hence, this issue did come up. But we do not have that any more, so this section seems to answer a question that nobody, at this point, would ask...

4. Beginning of section 7.2, a slight editorial inconsistency is that, for some entries (parent subject) initial values are defined, whereas for others this is not the case. Although most of those are trival (empty lists and the like) maybe it is worth adding those...

5. Sigh, a problem with the example... there is no such property as dbp:citizenship in albert einstein's dbpedia page, so _all_ those examples are, strictly speaking, wrong!:-( The only way I could solve that is to use the dbpedia-owl:residence property (referring to germany and switzerland). That'd require to add the dbpedia-owl to the list of startup prefixes. I have made those changes, see below.

6. In the list of datatypes in 7.4.4, to avoid misunderstanding, it may be worth putting @profile as a separate entry because it allows for a list of URI-s (whereas @vocab does not).

Actually, shouldn't it be TERMorCURIEorAbsURIs for the last item (it is TERMorCURIEorAbsURI right now)?

7. You have a remark in section 9 "@@@@@ the use of the word resource above might be a problem @@@@@". Why is that a problem? At least in RDF terms it is fairly clear... can be a bnode, can even be a URI resource.

8. This is a comment on the XHTML+RDFa document: the DTD defined for XHTML is

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-2.dtd

shouldn't that be

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.1.dtd

instead?

Also: is that already installed? Ie, can we make use of it already in the various files? At some point we may want to ask the validator to accept it...

Changes on the document, ie, Overview-src:

1. I have added the expansion of the profile file in Turtle that you asked for at the end of Section 2. While doing that I have also simplified the example a bit, the old type definitions are not really in use and ar not part of the vocabulary any more (they were not really useful, and just make things more complex...)

2. A <dtref> was missing for a URI in the list of terms in section 5.

3. Changed the example with Einstein's citizenship as mentioned above; this is at various places in the document. The most extensive changes were in section 8.2; beyond the citizenship issue, unfortunately, dpb-owl:capital should be used instead of dbp:capital (the former uses a resource as an object, the latter a Literal). I changed that, too. There were also a number of dbpedia errors in section 8.2, I changed those (dpb-owl:influenced instead of dbp:influenced, the citizen error as before...)

4. My code on the processor graph was wrong in 7.6.2, it used an old namespace prefix (sorry). Changed.

Thanks!

Ivan