Re: Generalized triples (Fwd: Non-Javascript RDF API-s?)

On 17/01/11 10:12, Nathan wrote:
> If we are to be successful in the definition of this API, then we need
> to ensure the nice jQuery-for-rdf-like library works with foo-reasoner,
> bar-store and baz-query, that users can mix and match components to get
> their ideal setup; that innovation in libraries and specialization in
> components is encouraged, rather than stifled.

Is a corollary of this that there will be a SPARQL interface as well?

> Personally, I already know the answer is yes, and all I'm hearing is other library developers and users agreeing, specifically pointing to good reasons why and where they are needed, and then finally concluding that there's a problem because the triples they need to create and use can't be serialized, aren't defined by the RDF core model, and thus all mention of GTs must be hidden from the general user (or words to that effect).

Could you say some more on the need to be serialized, which I read as
meaning exchanging between systems across the web.  It's one thing to
allow extensions locally, it's another to expose those extensions to
other systems.

(I'm not advocating one way or the other)

	Andy