Re: [rdfa-api] IRI References

Hi Nathan,

RDF only uses IRIs, that's true, but RDF *serialisations* generally
use IRI references.

Note that an 'IRI reference' is not just a relative IRI as I think you
are implying -- they can also be absolute. That's why 'IRI reference'
is usually used in specs where you want to allow both relative /and/
absolute paths. In those situations using the definition for 'IRI'
wouldn't work, because that would then require a scheme and a path,
ruling out relative IRIs.

I think it's important to allow relative IRIs in the API. Obviously
they have to be converted to absolute IRIs in order to obtain RDF, but
as with RDF serialisations they're an important and useful shortcut
for programmers.

Regards,

Mark