Re: Review of XHTML+RDFa 1.1 (http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-xhtml-rdfa-20100803/) (Tom)

Hi Shane/Thomas,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:
> My comments inline.  Mark, there are two that I could use your input on!
>
> [...]
>
>> === Comment 10
>> 3. Additional RDFa Processing Rules
>> [...]
>> In section 6.5, processing step 6, if no URI is provided by a resource
>> attribute, then first check to see if the element is the head or body
>> element. [DOES THE ORDER MATTER? SHOULD THE BODY ELEMENT BE CHECKED
>> BEFORE THE HEAD ELEMENT?]
>> ===
>
> This is legacy text and I don't think it matters.  Mark, can you elaborate?

Yes, it's text from RDFa 1.0, which no longer appears in RDFa Core
since it applies to HTML/XHTML.

The order of testing doesn't matter (since the element can only be one
of head or body). However, there are a couple of other points to note:

1. The section being referred to in RDFa 1.1 is 7.5, not 6.5.

2. We need to be more precise about where the test for head and body
should be inserted. It has to come before the test for @typeof --
i.e., if we have a head or body element then we don't generate a
bnode.

(Essentially, the resulting prose after insertion needs to give us the
same prose as we have in section 5.5, step 5, in RDFa 1.0.)

>> === Comment 11
>> 3. Additional RDFa Processing Rules
>> [...]
>> In section 6.5, processing step 7, if no URI is provided, then first
>> check to see if the element is the head or body element. [SEE COMMENT
>> 10]
>> ===
>
> Mark?

As above.