Re: RDFa DOM API - New Editor's Draft

Hello everyone,

Ivan wrote:
>> Actually, the example uses e.style.setProperty which is, I presume,
>> the way to set a CSS property. But then... using 'Property' for our
>> Property groups become really really confusing! I wonder whether the
>> example was on our properties or not. Bottom line, we should find
>> another name for Property Groups (though I do not know what...)

and Manu replied:
> I agree... Mark and I have been trying to find another name for
> "Property Groups" for a few weeks now... here's what we've already
> discussed, and rejected:
>
> Extendos
> Web Objects
> Dynamic Objects
> Data Objects
> Structured Data Containers
>
> Of all of them, "Web Objects" or "Wobs" are my favorite - but Mark
> pointed out that Apple already has a claim to WebObjects:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebObjects

I should just clarify that I actually like "property group".

The only reason that I've been discussing looking for something else
is that Manu doesn't like it. But just because I'm happy to go with an
alternative term, doesn't mean that I don't like my original term. ;)

(The fact that a 'property group' is simply a 'group of properties',
all bound to a single subject, makes this about the simplest term I
can think of to explain the concept we're dealing with.)

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane