Re: RDFa 1.1 and the future of RDFa 1.0

Stéphane,

On May 3, 2010, at 15:29 , Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With RDFa 1.1 around the corner, is it safe to ship new applications (such as Drupal 7) with RDFa 1.0, or should we migrate to RDFa 1.1? Will RDFa parsers still understand RDFa 1.0 in say two years from now? (Note that the page templates included in Drupal 7 are all XHTML).

the goal is that RDFa 1.1 would be a superset of RDFa 1.0. Put it another way, any valid RDFa 1.0 file should be understood by a RDFa 1.1 engine yielding the same triples. That is what the WG charter says.

There might be some corner cases where we are allowed not to follow this strict backward compatibility, namely on how exactly we would handle XML Literals by default.

> Is there any document listing the difference and/or benefits between RDFa 1.0 and RDF 1.1?

I wrote a blog on the major new things:

http://ivan-herman.name/2010/04/22/rdfa-1-1-drafts/

maybe this helps

Ivan