Re: longdesc URLs and RDFa

Hi Toby,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:39:32 +0100
> Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com> wrote:
>
>> That's why at the very beginning of this discussion I said that we
>> should look at how we allow host languages to define their own
>> 'mappings' from attributes and elements to predicates.
>
> This seems to be straying into reinventing GRDDL.

I don't see how.

First, I don't think it's possible to 'stray' into GRDDL...you really
have to want to go there!

Second, the mappings I've been describing are specifically of
predicate/object couplets. For example:

  <title> => dc:title
  @alt => rdfs:label

or whatever. GRDDL proposes completely transforming a document that
has no relationship to RDF into one that does.

(I'm not proposing these mappings -- as I've said, RDFa Core should
not be defining these. I'm just illustrating the simple level of
mapping that is needed to get from host language to RDF.)

By the way, I figured I could trim the CC list since your one-liner
didn't seem to be either a question or a reasoned argument.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane