Re: @href and @src in RDFa 1.1 Core (Re: Editor's Drafts Updated)

Ivan Herman wrote:
> My view at the moment is:
>
> - @href/@src would not be in core
> - @href/@src would be allowed in XHTML and HTML5
> - for other languages we could say that it is of course possible to do what HTML does, but we discourage that...

I understand your view, but I disagree.  It would be incredibly
confusing for implementors AND authors if we pull the processing rules
for @src and @href out of the Sequence section.  I mean, sure, these
attributes could become 'discoverable' to an implementation via some
mechanism when the implementation accesses the RDFa Profile for a Host
Language, but I think it is unnecessary and complicated.  I suspect your
point is that these attributes are syntactic sugar, and that their
functions are duplicated in @about and @resource.  This is true, but...
it feels wrong to increase the burden on our primary audience.  The only
way to deal with that burden would be to make the Host Language
specifications 'thick' - where there is lots of duplicated detail so
that you don't need to refer back to RDFa Core.  Duplication leads to
division and error.  No one wants that.