Re: ACTION-278: grammar for TriG

From: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 21:11:17 +0100
To: RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Some of these changes are not related to ISSUE-137 (SPARQL
Compatibility).  They introduce deviation from SPARQL syntax.

The "beyond issue-137" features risks significant amount of time from
comments.  That time can be better spent elsewhere. It's late in the
process to be making changes we have not signalled before and it risks
running out of time for other documents.

** Proposal for a way forward:

Split the two areas:

  (Issue-137)
1/ GRAPH and Turtle in TriG.
    This is Issue-137
    The conservative grammar is a starting point.
    trig/tests2/ targets that.

  (beyond Issue-137)
2/ Non-SPARQL-syntax graph naming
    This include the ambiguity.
2a/ Lists elements denoting graphs
2b/ Subject-only property list syntax

I request that only get into area 2 after having ensured area 1 is
working, if the whole WG has enough time and if there is community pull,
so as not to get into a big comments cycle.

	Andy